Are you not much of a planner? Do you tend to procrastinate on finalizing details or just worried you’ll pick the wrong thing to do with your partner? Greenville’s growth in recent years has steadily made it harder for those who are indecisive to create a solid plan–with so many great options, how could you possibly choose? Valentine’s Day is just two weeks away – here’s a list of some unique or new-to-you ideas that are sure to win over your sweetheart!
- FALLS PARK ON THE REEDY AND DOWNTOWN GREENVILLE – This one is a given. One of Greenville’s most prized areas (literally), spending a leisurely afternoon or evening downtown can’t go wrong. Take in the beautiful waterfall, exploring a little piece of the Swamp Rabbit Trail, and admire the sculptures and art in the park. While walking by the Westin Poinsett, hop on the horse-drawn carriage that pulls you under the twinkling string lights under the night sky.
- THE LAZY GOAT – With views overlooking the Reedy, The Lazy Goat provides the perfect Valentine’s Day atmosphere. The menu serves up many Mediterranean surf-and-turf options that are easily paired with their extensive wine list. The nice part? You can book your date night online and enjoy the Valentine specials!
- VAULT AND VATOR – After dinner, head down to Main Street to end the night at Greenville’s first (and only) speakeasy! Step away from the outside world (seriously–no checking your phone inside!), and choose from their menu of beer and wines, or provide keywords for a custom-made cocktail created just for you!
- CRAFT AXE THROWING – Looking for something a bit more casual and adventurous? Throw a little competition into your Valentine’s weekend by heading to Craft Axe Throwing in Hampton Station! Serving up local craft beers from breweries such as Birds Fly South, learn how to throw axes and enjoy the relaxed setting, sure to be a bullseye with your sweetheart! Booking is also available online!
- PAINTING WITH A TWIST – If painting scares you, but you’re wanting an activity you can do together, head to Painting with a Twist! Bring your favorite beverage to enjoy while you paint (yes, even alcohol!), and the rest is provided–no art experience necessary! A trained instructor will guide you through the painting process. The best part is you get to take home your creation at the end of the night! Hang your masterpiece in your home to remember that time you went to a place, had a glass of wine and created art with the one you love on Valentine’s Day.
While Greenville may be growing, it opens up doors to opportunities for a unique Valentine’s Day suited for you and your love. From the classic dinner and drinks, to discovering a new hobby in axe throwing or painting, Greenville has any combination of activities to enjoy with your significant other this February!